NSCECE offers a range of confidential services to enhance your academic experience and offer you the right support and help you become better prepared for success at the college level and to provide knowledge about resources available in the community.
The Student Success Manager offers online, one-on-one, small group and seminar style academic support and services.
- Academic Advising;
- Employment Support;
- Mental Health and Wellness Support;
- Coaching on study skills;
- Assignment Support;
- Referrals to other services and resources in the community that offer support with personal, academic, financial and career development.
- Academic Accommodations for students with learning disabilities or in need of additional support.
Student Success Online Module on Brightspace
Enjoy the wealth of resources available online. All students have access to this module, where you can learn about:
- Challenges for online students;
- Academic Integrity;
- APA Basics;
- Studying and writing skills;
- Assistive Technology.
The module has discussions where you can chat with your online peers and the student success manager about the topics above.
Meet the Student Success Advisor
Nora Gilbey started with the College in July 2021. She came to Nova Scotia in 2020 from Ontario and has been working and supporting post-secondary students for several years.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT (ONLINE OR IN-PERSON) WITH NORA:
Drop by her office during school hours (9am-4pm) ֎ Call 902 423.7114 Ext. 236 ֎ Email [email protected]
Office hours are flexible to meet with students.