Next program begins on September 26th. Start your application early to secure your place in line.
PLAR: Fast Track Program for Experienced Early Childhood Educators
Your previous ECE experience counts. Learn how you can accelerate your Diploma, saving time and money.
- Must be employed at an ECE facility
- Must have Level 1 Classification
- 1 year and 1080 hours experience in Nova Scotia
- Vulnerable Sectors Check
- Child Abuse Registry Check
Work full time while studying
Study on your own schedule
2 practicums at your work
2 practicums self-study
Graduate with your Diploma
- Earn your ECE Diploma
- Level Two Classification
- Combine your diploma with an existing or future degree to qualify for level three classification
- Work normal business hours
- Typically have holidays off
- Find steady work (not seasonal)
- Full-time employment
Early Childhood Educator, Inclusion Coordinator, Pyramid Model Coach, Family Home Childcare Consultant, ECE Practicum Advisor, ECE Instructor, Pre-Primary Educator, ECE Support in Pre-Primary, Centre Director, Centre Manager, Assistant Director, Home Operator, Owner / Operator, Private Nanny and many more.
$21.43 / hour is the salary floor for Level 2 Classification ECE in a licensed childcare facility. Learn more about salaries and wages here.
ASK AN ECE
Have questions? Need help with your application?
Hi, I’m Shawna and I’ve been working as an Early Childhood Educator or ECE for over 10 years. I want to offer my help and support as you embark on your own career in Early Childhood Education.